1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police tix today: Anyone else get blue balls from Ticketmaster?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Feb 20, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

So I guess you discovered Pantera in the Dallas clubs? Back when they were following in the shoes of every hack never-was hair metal band?

2. I bet that's not the first time in your life you've uttered that sentence. :D

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I actually first heard of Pantera in about '88 when a few of the older kids (17, 18, 19) in my hometown returned from a stint in Dallas living on their own. After they ran out of money (which tends to happen when you can't hold a job), they came back to do their usual terrorizing on the party scene and couldn't stop talking about this band called, you guessed it, Pantera.

I like my share of mainstream music, but, as it happens, I knew about Pantera before most.

Edit: OK, Ellis, you hit that one out of the park.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wrong as usual.

The Police sold out today in 14 minutes. Fourteen minutes.

That's four minutes longer than you thought. You are wrong. You, and The Police, suck.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Junkie, that post sucked, like your taste in music.

I actually like the Police (first cassette I ever bought was Synchronicity), but I had to have a little fun with BYH. You taking things way too seriously, Junkie, was just an added benefit.

6. That was more like a double off the middle of the wall. I expected better, Junkie. :D

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I didn't mind at all. But you did come off a bit snobby for a guy who was so eager to see the Pantera Behind The Music. :D

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Just an act. I couldn't really pull off snobby if I tried.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You had me fooled. But I'm not so bright.

10. And so they can brag five years later about knowing who they were before anyone else did ... and then six months later complain they sold out ;)... Sorry, Palister but I've got quite a few friends who do this ...

He tends to do that .. ::)

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I saw Why Store? at a keg party back in '90. In all your fucking faces!

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, your friends suck.

Just kidding; they may suck, but I don't know for sure.

Seriously, I don't seek out lesser-known bands, acts. But when I come across such a band or act, I'd much rather spend $100 to see them three or four times than to see a band I've already heard for decades once more.

Draft saved Draft deleted