1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police shoot Pace University football player

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to make of this. This police have their story. Some witnesses have theirs.
  2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Done a few news stories in my day and every time I've done one where the cops and the "victims" disagree, my research usually concludes the "victims" weren't telling the truth.
  3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This is a terrible thing to happen, but this cop was not Bruce Willis. They need a better story than this.

And this guy's lawyer really need to get the old man to stop talking to the press.
  4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Was he about to score?
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Why was he handcuffed after he was shot and why didn't paramedics treat him?
    In another story witnesses said somebody tried to give Henry CPR and the police threatened him with a gun.
  6. 93Devil

Why was he driving with a police officer on the roof of his car?

If I assault a cop with a deadly weapon, I don't think I have too much room to complain at any point after the moment of the assualt.

EDIT - I meant hood.
  7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

"When the officer sat on my car, I thought that meant he wanted me to move. So I started drag racing down the street and tried to hit all of his cop buddies."
  8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I think there's enough blame to go around. Just another lose-lose situation.
  9. KP

KP Active Member

Cops don't just up and leave the NYPD for the outer reaches of Westchester either on a daily basis, interested to hear why this one did.
  10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is this a Last Boy Scout reference? If it is, fucking kudos. That is outstanding.

"Ain't life a bitch?"
  11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If story is accurate then the police acted wildly irresponsibly. I know the area very well and its not a location where the police should have a heightened awareness of danger.

The stories say that the police left the kid face down on the ground for 15 minutes without getting him medical attention. The shame of it is that the Westchester trauma center is literally 2 minutes from where this happened.
  12. 93Devil

If it took 15 minutes for them to call, then the dad has a gripe. its not the time the ambulance arrived, it's the time they called and what they called in.
Draft saved Draft deleted