1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police Scanner Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

We had one this morning where the fire department was paged out to help load an extremely large dead individual into the mortuary's removal vehicle.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And you thought being a fireman was all dramatic rescues and picnics with mobsters from Jersey.

3. Geauxdawg

Geauxdawg Member

One time we had an APB called over the scanner for a "Delicious Peters."

Somebody actually responded "Excuse me?" and the cop said again, Delicious Peters -- I believe it was on suspicion of assault or something like that.

4. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

A couple of years ago we had one where the dispatcher informed the cops that there were a couple of skunks fornicating (yes, he said "fornicating") at a major intersection in this small town. Cops did not respond.

(Major intersection and small town just doesn't sound right.)

5. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

A couple weeks ago I went back home for a few days, (home is a quite little town in Northern California). Its about 11:00 at night, and I'm pulling up to a stop sign at an intersection a few blocks from my house. Parked right there at the corner is a cop, his engine is and all his lights are off. As I pull up, I look over and see that he doesn't have his radar gun out or anything like that, instead, he's playing solitaire on the computer he has on his dash board. The guy was so oblivious to everything around him that it took him a good 10 seconds to realized that I was next to him, staring right at him. When he finally noticed me, with both had a good laugh, and I went on my way.

6. Mutah

Mutah Member

Wasn't today, but last week some time: "Caller says her boyfriend is hitting himself in the head with a hammer."

Musta been reading Ann Coulter's book.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Bringing up this zombie of a thread:

Dispatch sending an ambulance:

Dispatch: "Man seeking medical attention. Bleeding from, umm lower half, of body"
    Ambulance driver: "Sorry, can you repeat."
    Dispatch: "Man seeking medical attention. Bleeding from, the umm, lower half, of body...well, he's bleeding from his penis."

Every guy in the newsroom howled in pain.

It still makes me twitch just remembering that story.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You searched for this to post that? :cringes:

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He musta been reading Ann Coulter's book.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I enjoy sharing pain...and again...this is something that women don't get about guys, even the thought of pain "down there" sucks (/crossthread)

11. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Either that or watching a tape replay of any of Jimmy Carter's State of the Union addresses...

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A little slice of how good SportsJournalists.com was five years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted