1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

police reunion opens 2007 grammys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yeah, especially considering that I never cared enough to hate her, and certainly don't love her now.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

And now Rascall Flats is covering "Hotel California."

FUCK country musicians.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i repeat: i heart the dixie chicks. especially emily, showing off great gams tonight.

natalie maines? she sings great. talking? uh, not so much.

4. Boobie Miles

Carrie Underwood... now there's a female singer I think America should love.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE, NO RUINING HOTEL CALIFORNIA!!!!

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No Hotel California. Ever. Thanks.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If Don Henley is any kind of man, he'll reunite the band for the simple purpose of hunting these assholes down and killing them for doing this on national television.

8. Boobie Miles

This is odd because I've never participated in any of the running threads about shit I care about and I've never really watched all of the Grammys or any award show really, but since there's nothing on and I'm watching this, there really is a lot to comment on.

That one chick from the Dixie Chicks almost seemed a little sauced. Probably not really, but she was definitely very relaxed.

They've screwed up the theater p.a. about five times already... talking over someone or cutting them off... that's always pretty funny.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Please stop doing the Eagles covers. I beg you. I'll do anything. I'll wash your car, I'll cut your grass, I'll do your taxes. No, actually, I'll PAY THEM.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

too late. now, underwood desecrates "desperado." the only female singer who can pull that off is linda ronstadt.

she gets a pass 'cause the eagles were once her backup band and she slept with all of 'em.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why did Underwood change outfits between songs?

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

God ... and you KNOW they're gonna fuckin' put this shit on an album.

Draft saved Draft deleted