1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police release photos of couple ODing with child in backseat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 9, 2016.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The pictures are a touch disturbing, but you can find them at the link:

Ohio police share photos of adults overdosed with child in car

I say, good for the cops. Get more images like this out there. Especially after seeing how effective the "Truth" campaign was against cigarette smoking.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yep. Good on them. Can't fight a drug epidemic with a pretty PR campaign.*

*Of course, the outcry would have been a lot worse if this was a black couple.

cjericho likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Why on earth would they try to revive these dickslap losers?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Good on the cops.

Not sure it will help stop anyone already hooked from using but it can't hurt.

The heroin epidemic is awful right now. Lot of people are folks who get addicted through prescribed pain pills.

Now they are putting all these powerful drugs in the "heroin" and ODs are off the charts.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. And if the cops catch some businessman driving while drunk, they should put a bullet in his head, too.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am just learning about the heroin epidemic -- largely through our thread on it. Maybe naivete on my part, maybe a function of being a 40s-ish married guy who doesn't go out all that much, but until the last little while, I haven't understood the toll it's taking. So displays like these are very powerful. Good move by the police.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am merely proposing that paramedics don't play god.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You don't seem as adept at blue font use as rounding up wayward educators.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's one thing about this epidemic. It's catching 40ish married guys and gals who maybe are prescribed strong pain meds for some injury or procedure.

They get hooked, can't get the stuff anymore and it's straight downhill to HIV and elephant-tranquilizer-tainted heroin.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Did they identify the doctor who prescribed these two the pain meds that got them hooked on heroin?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Definitely has been a revelation. And something to think about if I'm ever unfortunate enough to need the stiff prescription drugs in the first place.

Heroin was always so far away from me. Even crack seemed closer once upon a time. Now I read about it tearing up the town where I grew up.

Draft saved Draft deleted