1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police confirm murder-suicide on McNair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

And check this out.
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A police officer tells Steve McNair's girlfriend the ex-NFL star is "not happy" during a DUI stop captured on video two days before the couple died in a murder-suicide.

Twenty-year-old Sahel Kazemi was pulled over early last Thursday and arrested on a drunken driving charge. McNair was a passenger in the car.

Police released video of the DUI stop after they announced Wednesday that Kazemi killed McNair and herself.

In the video, Kazemi repeatedly asks an officer to have McNair come to the window of the police cruiser where she's sitting. The officer responds, "He's not happy." McNair, who wasn't charged, leaves in a cab without coming to talk to her. He later bailed her out.

Kazemi laughs and teases the officer but also says she's scared of going to jail.

2. mb

mb Active Member

Not sure I'd be going quite that far.

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Sleeping with another woman while you are married is wrong. Even courting another person while you are married is wrong.

I feel deep sympathy for you if you do not understand that.

4. lono

lono Active Member

And, of course, one of the rich ironies to your statement is that sometimes the asshats who cry the loudest about morality turn out to be the sleaziest ... Bakker, Swaggart, Gingrich, Sanford, etc.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It is wrong if you are actually still living as man and wife or even if you are seperated AND trying to reconcile.

There is a huge difference between that, however, and two people who have called it quits but are still technically married only because they don't have money to file for divorce, haven't come to an agreement to settle a divorce, or haven't cut through the red tape to be granted a divorce or are waiting for their divorce to be final.

I feel sorry for you if you don't understand that.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I hate to say it, but Zag has a point about that. Personally, everything should be filed and finished before one begins persuing another man/woman.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I can see what you are saying that it makes you uneasy but I just don't think it is fair to compare people who are living completely seperate lives but for whatever reason are still technically married to people who are living in the same house, living as man and wife and on the side running around.

The McNairs by many accounts have been seperated for about two years, which tells me, even though the wife didn't know this woman, it is for good reason -- because the two weren't in each other's lives any more but the paperwork hadn't been filed.

Now, do I think Steve McNair is a saint? No, but I don't think his character should be assaulted.

You want to question his judgement and competence? I agree, though like I said, not because of her age.

But I just don't see it as he was sneaking around on his wife.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Seems pretty ridiculous to decide as an outsider that the marriage was over, since Mrs. McNair has repeatedly said she had no idea he was with the other woman, and there were no divorce proceedings underway.

But either way, legal or not, his four kids probably did not now, and this is a fucked up way to find out. If you don't want to concede he cheated on his wife, he sure cheated those kids.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Be careful about moralizing about whether others should or should not date etc. until the gavel has sounded on a divorce. Laws differ from state to state on this topic.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

For most people, the gavel tapping doesn't have anything to do with the morals of it. It's just a technicality.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

If Mr. and Mrs. McNair had been separated for two years and just pending their divorce papers, I can understand your stance more.

As I mentioned earlier, though, I find this woman to be the scum of the Earth. I have a burning vendetta for women, who, for whatever reason or another, get in "relationships" with men who are considerably older or are financially stable. I know and have known way too many women who are in these relationships just to reap the benefits of having a man who'll pay for everything because he has the money to spend.

Do any of these relationships work? Fuck no. And I laugh when it doesn't and they whine and bitch. I hate to be cliche, but when you're not financially well, pick yourself up by the boostraps and do something about it. I don't consider myself to be financially well, but I'm sure not going to go out to a bar and find a 35-year-old woman who makes $60,000 because I need money at whatever costs.

McNair was stupid to even begin dating this girl. And, like said, I hope this girl rots in Hell.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

From what today's stories say, though, kev, he wasn't exactly a Sugar Daddy, and her mounting financial problems were, according to reports, at the heart of why she felt her life was so fucked up.

Draft saved Draft deleted