1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police ask mom with baby to move away from the stage at a concert

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/Navy-wife-claims-she-was-kicked-out-of-concert-for-breastfeeding-266773421.html

Driving home tonight, a local talk radio guy, a libertarian-type, thought this was an example of government overreach, that there was no imminent danger to the baby and the officer had no business getting involved.
    For some reason, he would have been OK with the venue's private security getting involved, but he didn't think the police had any business getting involved. I don't see the difference.
    And frankly, I don't see how what the officer did was that controversial. He was concerned that the baby could have suffered hearing damage or been crushed. His job is to protect people from such things.
    Why has extreme libertarian philosophy become so fashionable?
    It seems kind of stupid to me to be arguing about this.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking bullshit. Ring the bitch up on every charge that can even remotely be applied. Reckless endangerment, CDM, scour the books to come up with anything you can find.

LOOOOOK AT MEEEE, I'M GONNNNAAA BRREAST FEED!! THAT'S RIGHT, BRREAST FEED!!!

And if my baby gets her eardrums blown out by the amps or crushed by a stumbling drunk in the pit, it's all OKAYYYYYY because I feel good about myself for BREASST FEEEDING!!

Because, FREEDUM!!!!

Call a fuckin' babysitter. Better yet, maybe you better park your baby in protective services for 60 or 90 days until you get your head out of your ass and figure out how to parent.

Because, of course, any time we can possibly turn the lives of children over to kind and gentle CORPORATIONS instead of the evull evull gubbmint, it has to be a good thing.

Gotta keep sucking that corporate schlong.

Draft saved Draft deleted