1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pokey back in the public spotlight

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sunshine Scooter, Aug 27, 2007.

1. http://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/storage/paper868/news/2007/08/27/News/Chatman.Rebounding.After.Lsu.Departure-2937630.shtml?reffeature=popuarstoriestab

Interesting story. She seems to imply there was no inappropriate relationship with a student. It says she has four book offers, but no plans for one just yet.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

What about Gumby?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm going to recycle my joke from the previous Pokey thread, just because I can.

[​IMG]

Former LSU coach Pokey Chatman, above,
    is shown explaining to her team that
    the vagina opens like a beautiful flower,
    and is capable of bringing life into the
    world, as well as occasionally bringing
    horny NCAA coaches insane amounts
    of pleasure. She uncertain how this
    may have led to a misunderstanding.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Good to see they've got her "mentoring the youth."

Granted the allegations against Chatman have not been proven, but given their nature, if you were running the Catholic Youth Organization's girls basketball program, would you not like to see they were conclusively disproven before you hauled her in to "mentor" pre-teens?

I call bullshit. Taurasi makes $93,000 in the WNBA. A team in Russia pays her $930,000 a year? If teams in the Russian league paid that well, everybody in the WNBA would just quit and play exclusively in Russia.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This ESPN.com E-Ticket article says Taurasi makes $49,000 a year, and that she makes ten times THAT NUMBER in Russia. Within the same article, it says Sue Bird makes $93,000, so maybe that's where you got that number.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=rollinginrubles

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I did a quick Google of "taurasi salary" and found several references to her allegedly making $93,000 in the WNBA. Personally I don't care if she makes $93,000 or 93 cents, but if Russian basketball teams were paying WNBA players 10 times their WNBA salaries, the WNBA players would all quit and go play in Russia. In fact, they'd be stupid NOT to -- why risk 10x your salary by playing in the WNBA, with the accompanying risk of injury?

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, don't anyone think that those salaries in Russia seems to be a bit inflated? (or over-inflated)

9. 490,000 rubles, maybe?

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Maybe it's 930,000 roubles. It's about 25 roubles to every US dollar. Do they still even use roubles?

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Russians don't believe in the Euro? :-X

Today's roubles are as effective as Monopoly money or pixie sticks.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

WHY ARE PIXIE STIX HAUNTING ME TONIGHT??

Draft saved Draft deleted