1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poker bad beats RUNNING THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MC Sports Guy, Jan 17, 2007.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

My bad beat.

I have 6-6 in the hole. Flop is 6-6-7.

I get a few bidders, but I was down big, so I go all in.

Fourth street is shit.

River? 7.

The last guy in had the other two 7s.

Oh well.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

As I type this, I'm in the middle of a 90-person, knockout on Full-Tilt, where I currently rest in fourth.

My recent bad beat story came a month ago, at a charity tournament for my son's high school at the card house 15 minutes from my house -- and a place where I've had shitty karma and a Russian novel full of bad beats every time I've played there.

We started with 2k in chips. I got outplayed by a guy who went all-in on a draw (I had K-Q with a K on the board; I put him on A-K because of a pre-flop raise and folded), so I was short-stacked and getting a big bag of dick on every hand.

With $150 left, I see 3-3 and go all-in. Get two callers, including the kid who outplayed me.

The flop is 3-7-5, giving me trips. Kid bets, forcing out the other original caller (who folded a K), then turns up K-K.

Turn is a 7, giving me a boat and leaving him with three cards than can beat me: the case K and the two 7s.

River is... one of the two 7s, giving him 7s full of Kings, counterfeiting my 3s full of 7s and knocking me out of a tournament -- before the dinner break, mind you -- with a full-house.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

UPDATE .... I'm in the final 3 of this 90-player tournament.

If you have access to Full-Tilt, call up Birdscribe.

EDIT -- Finished second. Was in complete control, playing as well as I could. Then, I had K-Qh, called an all-in. Guy turns up 4-2, then flops a set of deuces. At that point, I go card dead and he grinds me down.

Draft saved Draft deleted