1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pokemon GO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

X-rays of their heads showed nothing.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sometimes Islam does get it right:

The most prestigious religious institution in Islam has reaffirmed a 2001 fatwa against the Japanese cartoon Pokemon, with its clerics calling the new game Pokemon Go a “harmful mania… that makes people look like drunkards in the streets.”

Abbas Shuman, deputy head of Al Azhar, issued a statement branding Pokemon Go haram on Thursday, condemning the game’s potential to attract “lunatics” to mosques looking to catch the game’s signature creatures within. “Will people neglect their work and earning their living and devote themselves instead to hunting for Pokemon?” he asked.

Imams Revive Decade-Old Fatwa: Pokemon Go Is Haram - Breitbart

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They got crossed up and thought they were playing this game:

[​IMG]

RickStain and amraeder like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That game kicked major ass.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's your basic silly craze, but my wife Alice babysits two kids for a friend occasionally, and she says it's the greatest thing for babysitting ever invented. Kids walk themselves into placid fatigue by meal and/or bedtime.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd much rather have my kids out walking, biking, interacting with other kids than playing video games inside.

As long as they aren't falling off cliffs, being lured by robbers and predators, getting hit by cars or whatever.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Had a teenager hit by a car last night. Speculation was playing Pokemon Go at midnight. Ugh.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This has got to make selection of the Darwin Awards a lot easier.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I doubt it. AR has been around for years and not made much headway. This isn't big because it is AR. It is bit because it is Pokemon.

Draft saved Draft deleted