1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pokemon GO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Four suspects taken into custody and a gun later found at 2 a.m. Sunday.
    I don't doubt that the four people were taken into custody or that a gun was later found.
    However, when the case is settled, or if the case is settled, I doubt there will actually be any connection to the Pokemon game in this case.
    I could be wrong, but the type of people who commit armed robbery are not usually the type of people who figure out this type of elaborate set-up so quickly.
    Crimes could well be connected to the game down the line, but three-four days is a quick turn around for these alleged criminals.
    I'm just skeptical.

Ace likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Umm, that's actually a deal worth taking if you're the police.

HC likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that I should have expected an economic benefit from Pokemon Go. Now I'm angry!

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Oh no! The sky is falling!

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You could probably get rich selling a Pokeman backpack with a battery recharge and water-bottle holder.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Holocaust Museum actually had to put out a press release asking for people to not play Pokemon Go inside the museum. Cripes.

Ace likes this.
  9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I don't understand what this is, but my friend Sarah, who's at or almost 4o, messaged me from Jerusalem to tell me to download it. (Fortunately, I cannot, as the phone is a work phone.) She said she'd played it for hours the night before and "couldn't wait" for lunch so she could start playing again.

I'm hoping to remain oblivious.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The Holocaust Museum story is the worst example I have heard. How is it that the creators haven't checked or cleared where they are sending people to find these magical creatures?

Also, what is the point? Is there a game to win?

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

They're supposed to check and clear the entire world?

My guess (don't have it) is that the creator doesn't actually send people to specific spots, instead randomizes the around your location.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Now seeing that people are playing at Arlington National Cemetery. Come on.

Draft saved Draft deleted