1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pokemon GO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Jul 11, 2016.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

1. Get off my lawn.

B. I would never spend hours chasing around whatever these people are chasing to get points for their person/team.

III. At least it's getting some people off the couch.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was going to be too proud to do this shit despite it deeply appealing to my inner nerd, but fuck it. It'll be fun for a few weeks until we all forget about it.

I got one today while sitting in line at the breakfast drive-thru.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

People were wandering outside the bar like zombies yesterday, heads buried in their phones. I'm surprised no one wandered into Broad Street and got hit.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My kids are into this. I told my wife it sounds like a good idea to get youngsters active. Hey, take a walk around the neighborhood and catch Pokemon! Go to a park to gather whatever stuff you need.

Then I told my wife I wonder if the makers worried that kids would wander into the street because they are looking at their phones.

"They do that now," she said.

I could not argue.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Who in the hell has time to do this shit? Is it only kids? Adults are actually doing this, too? If mostly kids, sure, whatever gets them off the couch and moving. But yeah, you can bet it won't be a week till a death is attributed to a distracted kid walking into traffic bc they're staring at their phone, with the predictable NYPost headline: Pokemon NO!
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Definitely a fad.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Pokemon NO!. Already reports of people setting up robberies and other crimes with it. Hope it goes away quite quickly.
    wicked likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to wind up downloading this before the weekend. I figure it will be something fun to break up the monotony for the kids when they come over, as long as the Pokemon are willing to be found in a nice, air conditioned mall during the heat of the day.
  9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

My work is on a fairly big campus. According to a coworker, a bunch of people came to work on Sunday to catch Pokemon (we're a fairly young company so we're talking mostly people in 20s and early 30s).
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Death by inattentive walking! I choose you!
Draft saved Draft deleted