1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin files: That escalated quickly edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BDC99, Feb 20, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Isn't 15 a little old for a middle-schooler?

Brandon middle school teacher had sex with teen at school, deputies say | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune

The sheriff’s office said the relationship between Connors and the teenager began in January, then quickly progressed to kissing and Connors allowing the boy to fondle her. Eventually, they began having sex at school during school hours, the sheriff’s office said.

Investigators said Connors would have the boy removed from other classes and the two would meet for sex in a room selected by Connors.

Once, the sheriff’s office said, Connors and the boy left the school in her vehicle, then went to his house and had sex in his bedroom.
  2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Fifteen would tell me that he's at least a year behind.
  3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

More like he's a rear behind.
    BDC99 and HejiraHenry like this.
  4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

it's possible that district puts 9th grade in middle school, which is what my district did up until I was in fifth grade
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nah. Florida it's 6th to 8th.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ninth, eighth, whatever. He made it from third to home.
    Batman likes this.
  7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

He's probably third-youngest at his school. It's Kentucky.
  8. Donnie in his element

Donnie in his element Well-Known Member

As a Floridian, my experience included 9th grade being part of junior high and 6th grade was elementary school, although in 1998 my county district converted all the "junior highs" to 7th & 8th grade "middle schools." 6th grade remains part of the elementary campus.
  9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Assuming that there was a specific act that was performed many times given the school nickname.
    spikechiquet likes this.
  10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I am a ntive Floridian, and have never heard of that, but I guess it could vary. And I love that my pic of the perpetrator is now a picture of the Turkey Creek Gobblers sign. Gobble, gobble.
Draft saved Draft deleted