1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin Files: Ms. Portwood likes the young wood

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014/04/princeton-high-teacher-arrested-on-suspicion-of-improper-relationship-with-student.html/

[​IMG]

The teen said that teacher Saralyn Portwood started complimenting him earlier this year on his appearance and telling him he was handsome. She also would brush up against him, touch him inappropriately and send him texts, the affidavit stated. The student said during a forensic interview at the Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County that he did not want to be involved with Portwood and told her so several times. “She persisted, and he did not know how or who to tell,” the affidavit states.

One day the student was called into Portwood’s office, where she pushed him against a desk, pulled down his shorts and performed oral sex, according to the affidavit.

When the teen told her he didn’t want to communicate with her, Portwood continued to text him and ask what was wrong and why he was treating her this way, the affidavit states.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I honestly can't remember one that didn't involve a text.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I really can't even imagine the conversation that ends with the teacher asking for the student's number in the first place.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

All her leisure activities revolve around:

[​IMG]

6. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I'm a little teapot ...

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And why is the Daily Mail in the UK reporting this story out of Texas? Is this standard for them?

9. Yes.
    They are all over the Poin files.
    And Death Penalty stories.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I see. I figured that would be the answer.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Poin is EIC.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When I get all steamed up hear me shout, just tip me over and ... hey, what's the rest of that again?

Draft saved Draft deleted