1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin Files: Back to School Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. printit

printit Member

OK. Crimes are in large part defined by whether there is a victim and, if so, how damaged the victim is as a result of said crime. You will get less time for attempting to murder someone then you will for actually murdering someone, even though both acts carry the same moral culpability. The long term impact on a 16 to 17 year old female of having sex with a teacher could be significant. There will be zero negative impact for the 16-17 year old "boy" who had sex with the woman pictured above.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I don't know. I think at the very least the potential for damages is pretty great. Early relationships are the building blocks of future and permanent relationships. Instead of some relatively healthy high school romance, where a kid learns to give and receive love, to communicate and blah blah blah (...ok, just shoot me now...), it's better he gets stuck in some predatory arrangement with a creepy Mrs. Robinson-type figure? What's that going to teach him... besides the obvious?

I'm not saying years and years of jail time is called for (...and for God's sake, let's have some more photos!...) but these things aren't harmless.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Craftsmanship at its best.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

You know what they call that useless skin around a vagina?

A female.

5. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Who wants softball players? Very, very few are actually good looking. Soccer ... now that's the sport to go to.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

see that, mark? even the newb thinks you're an amateur ... and he doesn't even know you can't legally vote, own a house, have children or masturbate in public restrooms where you live.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Wait a minute, Mark can't vote?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

the man has mark down, beef.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There wasn't a whole lot to do in northeast Iowa for 24-year-old Ashley Anderson unless you count a bunch of 16-, 17- and 18-year-old boys victims.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/iowa-teacher-admits-sex-acts-students-police-article-1.1188893

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And what's with that "creative" lede? This ain't a light topic ...

A Northeast Iowa math teacher was invested in the student body — apparently too much for her own good.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Stupid server kept me from posting this yesterday
    ...welcome back...
    An Auburn Hills woman charged with having an inappropriate relationship with a 15-year-old girl while she was coaching the girls lacrosse team at Lake Orion High School is expected to be back in court Tuesday.
    http://www.freep.com/article/20121022/NEWS03/121022082/Auburn-Hills-lacrosse-coach-charged-Reanna-Dawn-Douglas-inappropriate-relationship

and for Poin...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Gold

Gold Active Member

Jennie Finch begs to differ

Draft saved Draft deleted