1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Podunk's Top 10 athletes of all-time

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Brookerton, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Whichever route you choose, a short little info graph explaining your criteria to readers would probably be a good idea, especially in something like this where, obviously, different standards could be used.

"When compiling the Podunk Press' inaugural Al Bundy All-Time Athlete Team, the Press considered athletic achievements from all levels ... blah blah blah blah."

Something to that effect.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Well, in my typical middle-of-the-road fashion, I say this: You can do it either way and be successful.

It's interesting if you base it strictly on high school accomplishments, because you're going to get some names a lot of people hadn't ever heard of or thought of in years. And, it's interesting if you base it on what they did over their entire lives.

But my middle-of-the-road suggestion: Do it on the all-timers, but do a sidebar, that will be very well read, on "10 whose athletic greatness began and ended with high school."

But name it better.

Draft saved Draft deleted