1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PNC Bank Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Jun 8, 2010.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Hope this isn't a D_B.

Am a customer of National City Bank. They have been bought by/taken over by PNC Bank. Am getting a ton of literature about the impending change and how it will affect me (new acct. #, new contact #, new automated phone #, etc.). But was wondering, just in general from folks who may already be PNC Bank customers, how they are to work with. Have been banking at National City (and the bank under different names before National City took over some years back) for over 20 Years.

Any info would be appreciated.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Window tellers are grotesquely chatty, once they know you.

I could do with much less of the 120-decibel greetings, thanks.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Impending change? It's been in effect here for awhile now.

They even had the permanent PNC building signs up about two months ago. They just covered them up with temporary National City covers until it was official. But those temp. signs have been down for probably a month now.

I don't have an account there, but my parents were National City customers like you. They haven't noticed any big changes (except the new cards, new account number) since the changeover.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hate that - I want window tellers to be even less chatty than the guy who serves my morning coffee. It's why I prefer ATM's. Love banks that offer ATMS that scan checks for deposit. You can avoid tellers all together.

5. Credit unions only, thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted