1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PM problems?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Douglas

Douglas Member

To the Op, you need to log in on your names and go to your OUTBOX and prune out ALL of your sent PMs.

SMF does not handle more than 100 PMs (total) very well. You've got over 6K. Prune them out, please.

2. Over 6k, wow.

Anyway, when did we start up for Secret Santa? I want in ...

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

No, my digestive tract is working just fine, thank you very much.

Oh ... I thought it read "BM problems?"

4. Where?

5. Oh well, darnit.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If this is directed to me (I have no idea what "the Op" means) I beg to differ. I have one in each outbox. I have three pages in my inbox for SS and two pages in my inbox for IJAG.

So 6K? Not so much.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And no. I can't. As I said, I can't PM off this person's profile. It will not allow me to PM that person in any fashion, because of the accent mark.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There's some weird code embedded in some stuff that makes it impossible to post or PM. Discovered this when I tried to cut/paste something from the NYTimes Direct site, and another time with something else. Finally worked when I re-typed the text myself. Webby checked it out, agreed it was some hidden code or character.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I wish that would work. But typing in this person's name without the accent mark merely gets me a message that no such member exists.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Try the old fashioned way.

[​IMG]

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Are you the one with 6,000 pms in your outbox, IJAG?

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe the server doesn't believe in Santa.

Draft saved Draft deleted