1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PLEASE WELCOME A NEW MODERATOR

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Moderator1, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

SJ Community,

Please join me in welcoming a new moderator to the club.

Effective immediately, Mile High will help us in our task to keep this happy-go-lucky place rolling smoothly. "Mile" has been a well-respected member for a long time and will be a welcome addition to the "management" team.

Please accord him the same respec *** check that, please accord him the proper respect that comes with his new duties. Given the number of times I've been MF'ed recently, I wouldn't want to say the same respect -- or scare him off! (We told him the job was easy and fun so let's not tell him otherwise just yet).

Seriously, welcome to a very fine addition.

M1

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I was hoping for Moderator2.

3. Moddy - does this mean you or any of the other moderators are stepping down?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mile who?

(Congrats, yo! I'll try not to piss you off too early in your tenure.)

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Will you be returning my application or "keeping it on file"?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Keeping one baby in line is hard enough.

You don't want to babysit the lot of us.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is it ironic that I was cleaning the basement in advance of Irene Saturday and found the last copy of the RMN that Mile High sent me? No? Oh.

Congrats Mile High. I look forward to the arc of the me/moderator relationship, as defined by me and Moddy: He's a great guy--he's a bit touchy as a moderator--I wish he would stop deleting my posts--he's a piece of crap--he's out to get me--he likes Almost_Famous more than me--screw all the moderators I'm leaving--I can't believe I got banned for a week it was all outofplace's fault--fuck you you fuckstick--I'm sorry--he's a great guy--we had a great time at the ballgame at the SJ outing--can I have a job--can I have a job--can I have a job--can I have a job--why did you drop me on Facebook?

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I spent days working on my resume and portfolio and didn't even get a rejection e-mail. Typical bullshit.

I think Moddy owes it to everyone who applied for this position to come out and say they weren't even considered, that he already had a candidate lined up ahead of time.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Nice pick. 8)

Still waiting for SJ to break the gender barrier, though.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Does this mean everyone who posts here is a member of the Mile High Club?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Trooper Bari's assignment (real world one) has changed and he has less time, so this is an addition. TB may be keeping his "status" but he won't be on as much.

And, 21? Lest we forget, we tried that for a DAY and we were out for NINETEEN! One day, maybe we'll give it another whirl.

Draft saved Draft deleted