1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please send this young woman your money!...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

After stripping away all of the context, I think this is my favorite sentence around here in a while.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

You could probably live on $300 a week, if you live with your parents.

4. LISACLOR

LISACLOR New Member

#

OF COURSE I DON’T WANT TO WORK FOR MIN. WAGE OR P/T, HOWEVER, OF COURSE I WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER JOB I GET. DUH.

OF COURSE I PREFER A F/T JOB THAT’S AT LEAST $15 AN HOUR, CUZ THAT’S WHAT I’VE BEEN PAID MY ENTIRE LIFE, OVER 20 YEARS OF WORKING!! I’M 34.

UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE IS A PROGRAM APPROVED BY VOTERS/POLITICIANS TO ENABLE PEOPLE WHO’VE BEEN LAID OFF OR FIRED [DUE TO ECONOMY OR THE FAULT OF THE EMPLOYEE] TO HAVE TIME TO FIND AN EQUIVALENT JOB – THAT IS, IN MY CASE, A F/T JOB AT $15+ AN HOUR.

SINCE THE ECONOMY TOOK A DIVE IN OCT. 2009, A YEAR AND 1/2 AGO, IT HAS BEEN EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO FIND AN EQUIVALENT JOB, THAT IS WHY UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE WAS EXTENDED FROM THE USUAL 3 MONTHS TO OVER A YEAR. COMPRENDE?

SO, MY UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE CHECK IS EQUIVALENT TO $9 AN HOUR, SO I WOULD BE AN IDIOT IF I TOOK A P/T AND/OR MIN. WAGE JOB AT $8 AN HOUR. IF I TOOK A P/T AND/OR MIN. WAGE JOB, MY UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE @ $9 AN HOUR WOULD STOP AND I WOULD BE MAKING LESS MONEY WORKING AT TACO BELL OR WHEREVER “BENEATH ME” JOB. IF ALL ELSE FAILS AND MY UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE EXPIRES AND I CAN’T FIND A F/T JOB AT $15+ AN HOUR, THEN OF COURSE I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER P/T MIN. WAGE JOB I GET.

NOW DO YOU HATERS/IGNORANTS UNDERSTAND???

I need all the publicity I can get. Why? Because I need $$$$$$$$ and I would LOVE to make $$ doing something I LOVE [as Oprah advised over and over on her "Dream Job" show today]. What do I LOVE? I LOVE doing everything I can to eliminate as much suffering as I can. How do I try to eliminate suffering? By writing what I’ve written and say what I’ve said, etc. etc.

It was SAD for me to read soooooooooooooooo much negativity and misunderstandings of me in the comments. But, all I can do is CLARIFY who I really am to give these SALTY EVIL people a 2nd chance re their critique. I’m not going to argue about it, but I will attempt to clarify until I feel like it’s a waste of time, cuz some people will NEVER be kind or positive, that’s life.

I just googled my name and this article is the 2nd link after my blog and I didn’t know it existed until now….. 7 days after posting.

To the rest of you “Commenters” who criticized my “I NEED A JOB” card on cars, my blog w/ my business ideas [including my idea for a documentary movie about bi-polar], and my twitter account………….. FUCK YOU!!!!

To repeat/clarify:

1.) The “I NEED A JOB” card is a UNIQUE approach to getting a job. You should be IMPRESSED, not critical. I agree, PAY PAL is a great option and I will add it to my blog or upcoming website. To make it simple for everyone, all ages, whether comfortable with Pay Pal or not, I put my bank info. As you may know, routing #’s are not top secret, call any bank and they will tell you their routing #. Since I have been unemployed for so long, I’m broke, so there’s no $$ to steal w/ my checking account #. There are a few bills that offer payments online via bank account #’s, but it would be easy to find that person if they used my info. to pay their cell phone bill or whatever. I know it’s “shocking” because everyone is so freaked out re Identity Theft….. but, I thought it out, weighed the risks vs. possible benefits, and decided it was worth the risk. What else can be done w/ my bank info.? Maybe someone will try to steal my Social Security #? Ruin my credit score [already ruined]?

2.) Re my use of caps, etc. – Obviously, I know proper spelling and grammer, it’s nearly impossible to graduate from anywhere without it, especially UC Santa Barbara. I’M NO IDIOT. Have you ever read “Catcher in the Rye” or any other composition where the writing “style” was CREATIVE vs. traditional???? Those are the compositions most people enjoy….. compositions with PERSONALITY, so shut the fuck up about caps already. I KNOW they are intended for acronyms, “yelling”, etc. – obviously, I don’t used caps all the time, I use them for emphasis, not yelling or cuz I never learned grammer. DUH.

3.) The business ideas on my blog are AWESOME!!! Some may be perceived as “trivial” [such as my "napkin-dispenser-on-tables" idea], but they are NOT trivial to me and most people I know…… meaning, we go out to eat at least 1-3 times a week, and there are almost NEVER enough napkins. Everyone forgets to ask the server for more napkins [the utensils are on the 1 and only napkin per person, WTF are you supposed to do….. wipe your mouth and then put the filthy napkin back on your lap?? GROSS!! If you read my OTHER business ideas, it is clear that I care deeply about the “small” and “large” irritations in life. SO, when I publicize my interest in being U.S. President by 2020, it’s because I am confident that I would make the world a better place – that includes POPULATION REGULATION and MORE NAPKINS, ETC., ETC., ETC.!!

4.) Re Haiti – WTF?? From what I recall, my post was expressing my AGONY for ALL suffering people, whether they are in Haiti or in a coma or in a nursing home for YEARS, bedridden, the paralyzed, the starving in Sub-Saharan Africa, S.E. Asia, and most of Latin America, the people in jails, etc. I HATE IT WHEN ANYONE SUFFERS – INCLUDING COWS, PIGS, CHICKENS, ETC. WHO ARE PACKED LIKE SARDINES SO WE CAN EAT THEM!!!

WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL COMFORTABLE PUTTING THEIR DEAREST DOG/CAT TO SLEEP WHEN THEY ARE IN A WORLD OF PAIN, NO QUALITY OF LIFE, YET NOT THEIR MOTHER, FATHER, SISTER, BROTHER, DAUGHTER, SON, GRANDPARENTS, ETC.??????

Life should be a CHOICE. If we don’t want to live and/or our loved ones decide we are suffering too much for too long to continue living, then we should have the OPTION of being “put to sleep.” They have a law called “Death with Dignity” in Oregon and Washington. Hopefully California is next. It is a much more conservative law where the patient must have 6 months or less to live and there is proof from a Dr.

So, re Haiti, if I was over there, I would appreciate the opportunity to be “put to sleep”, not just because of the earthquake, because of their intense poverty and lacking population regulation. They waited for days/weeks to be unburied, for water/food and medical care. THAT IS BULLSHIT. Yes, the celebrities had that big fundraiser tv show with all the super depressing songs, but how much $$$$$$$$$$ did each of them give?????? i called to ask and the man who answered didn’t know.

I’m sure there are more things I want to say, but I’m done for now.

Please feel free to contact me 818-738-3057 if you want to be POSITIVE and HELP me with a JOB, preferably something F/T and $15+ an hour. At this point, I am willing to take P/T and min. wage. Sad, but true. AND, I will be very, very grateful for ANY job I get.

I think it’s OBVIOUS that I am CREATIVE, HARD-WORKING, KIND, LOGICAL, THINK-OUTSIDE-THE-BOX, HONEST, INTELLIGENT, etc. My resume and references prove this to be true.

What job/s did GOD give YOU for your time here on Earth????????????????

Lis’

#
    Mack Reed (mackreed) on April 21st, 2010 @ 8:20 pm

Well, I’m sold.

Obviously, I know proper spelling and grammer

Oh, wait. No I’m not.

#
    Lisa Michelle Clor (unregistered) on April 21st, 2010 @ 8:50 pm

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU MACK???????? PERFECTION???????

HOW BORING AND UPTIGHT YOU ARE!!!!

LOOSEN UP!!!

MAKE A FEW TYPOS HERE AND THERE!!!

IT’S VERY SEXY TO RELAX THAT TIGHT ASSHOLE [YOU AND YOUR "ANAL" ULTRA-CRITICAL KNOW-IT-ALL SATAN WORSHIPERS]WITH ALL THE CONSTIPATED SHIT INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY FUCK!!! HOW CAN YOU READ ALL THAT I POURED MY HEART AND SOUL INTO AND THEN HAVE NOTHING TO SAY EXCEPT THAT YOU HATE TYPOS. ALWAYS.

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#
    jory on April 21st, 2010 @ 10:15 pm

The “idea girl” is a straight shooter. I don’t agree with everything she says but I admire her bravado.

She came down a little hard on Mack Reed, but on one point I think she’s right, Mack, MAKE A FEW TYPOS HERE AND THERE!!!

Re her use of caps, etc. I HAVE read Catcher in the Rye and it’s an awesome book.

I find this whole thread exhilarating.

#
    Lisa Michelle Clor (unregistered) on April 22nd, 2010 @ 1:09 am

THANK YOU JORY!!!! FINALLY, A POSITIVE COMMENT!!!!

[BTW - now, if I would've used "proper grammar" in the sentence above, it would've looked like something like this: "Thank you Jory! I am so appreciative that someone has finally posted a positive comment." That is a "generic" and dull style to me. It's appropriate in the 9-5 type business atmosphere and on many college research papers, but not for "personal expression", such as blogs and internet postings.]

The “Job Wanted Cards” was the 1st time I tried this approach. Most of the cards were placed on cars around my neighborhood in Burbank. I put a few in the CBS or NBC parking lot [security called me the next day and I denied knowing anything about it, yikes!] and approx. 20 cards on cars in a neighborhood near Universal Studios, up the road from Vivid Entertainment.

I am going to print more and deliver them to the wealthiest neighborhoods in L.A. County, etc. Perhaps the wealthiest people will also be the most intelligent, most progressive, most creative, and most willing to reward my efforts to find a job by June 1st.

Does anyone have any advice/job connections/$ for me??

BY THE WAY – My 35th birthday is next month, on May 17th [Taurus]. I am creating an Evite for my family/friends to meet at Chateau Marmont [OR my apt. or somewhere on the beach] for a bbq/grill potluck by the pool/ocean, cake n ice cream, and then exchange our pre-prepared “End-of-Life Instructions” or take some time to prepare the document/s [simple 10-20 questionnaire available to those who do not understand the various options/laws].

WHEN YOU DIE, YOUR LOVED ONES ARE GOING TO BE DEVASTATED. HEART-BROKEN.

MAKE LIFE A LITTLE EASIER FOR YOUR LOVED ONES……….
    PREPARE YOUR “END-OF-LIFE INSTRUCTIONS” SO EVERYONE WILL KNOW YOUR WISHES, AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!! INCLUDE AT LEAST $7000-$10,000 TO PAY FOR THE CREMATION, CASKET, FLOWERS, FUNERAL, AND/OR BURIAL!!

At the end of the “party”, I will be sure to have a copy of everyone’s “Instructions” so that I can scan and email them to other family/friends. This way, everyone’s wishes are clearly communicated [the basic 10-20 questions are the most critical, NOT inheritance details re $$, etc.].

For example –
    1.) Do you want to donate ANY of your body parts to those on waiting lists, on dialysis for hours every week, dying in hospitals, in a world of pain, close to vanishing from their lives of their child/ren / spouse/occupation, etc.??
    2.) If yes, is that designated on your Driver’s License, did you register on-line, and have you put that in HANDWRITING [Holographic Will MUST be handwritten, NOT TYPED] or in a “Will”??
    3.) Have you designated a Power-of-Attorney [someone/s to make health/financial decisions on your behalf if you are unable to function due to coma, Alzheimer's, stroke, etc.?????
    4.) If yes, have you included that in your Holographic Will [or a Will from the internet or attorney]????
    5.) If you have a significant amount of money and/or capital [a home, a "healthy" checking/savings, cars, jewelry, etc.], have you set up a TRUST so that your beneficiaries won’t have to lose a LOT of time in court and more than 1/2 the VALUE of the assets in probate?????
    6.) Regardless of your interest [or lack there of] in SAVING MANY LIVES via Organ Donation, from what remains, do you want to be CREMATED [least expensive and best for the environment due to the "real estate" of very expensive grave-sites w/ expensive caskets]???
    7.) If so, what do you want re your ashes? Do you want to choose your urn/s or advise your preferences? Give to 1 person to keep? Give to many people to keep? Designate a location/s where you want everyone or each person to release your ashes and then go to that location to express remorse, same as a grave-site]????? And/or, arrange for a bench, tree, star, etc. engraved w/ your name, famous last words

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

What the fuck was that?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Lisa Clor. Provably. Demonstrably.

That, or Ragu's sock puppet.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Rejoinder of the decade. :D

8. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Replay confirms what we already suspected.

She's a loser. :D

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

:D

No reason, just wanted to keep the streak going.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If your goal is to get a reality TV show, the Colorado dude with the kid in the balloon did better.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Fucking hell.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

[/quote]

I have decided to quote this entire post just to let you know that you suck and I hope you stay unemployed.

That is all. Have a good day.

Draft saved Draft deleted