1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please let this happen. Richard Deitsch challenges Skip Bayless to debate

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Bless you, Richard.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kv2ocs

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't mean to come off as supporting Bayless, but that sounds like a three-man douche-off.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Wasn't John Koblin the one who froze up on CNN?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do they just get to talk about what's happened to First Take, or do they also get to discuss what has become of SI (Bleacher Report) and Deadspin (Dong Shot Central)?

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

If you think Deadspin still is Dong Shot Central, you obviously haven't read it since Daulerio left.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

If anything, Deadspin could use more dong shots. I find a lot of the content to be inch-deep snark now. The biggest issue is Tommy Craggs so rarely writes.

When A.J. Daulerio was in charge, Deadspin was producing unique content and avoiding the shit I could find elsewhere.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

A debate about the merits of First Take, a show that's basically watched by college kids and the unemployed. If you have the luxury of watching TV in the mornings, you don't HAVE to watch ESPN, unless you're Richard Dietsch and you're paid to do so.

Is he hoping to show that the emperor has no clothes? Well, no shit; anyone who watches First Take deserves the spike in blood pressure.

And yeah, Koblin is the one who painfully stumbled on CNN. Honestly felt bad for the guy, that was difficult to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted