1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep me in your prayers tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jun 23, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not to mention fitted ball cap on backwards and wearing puka shells.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sorry for failing to report, but I did make it out alive.

It was crazy fucking hot. And, as a result, I drank a lot -- and I mean a LOT -- of beer.

The "seats" were much better than anticipated. We leaned against the stage most of the night. Mrs. tbf had a wonderful time and I had a good time fighting the crowds to bring her beer.

She took more than 400 photos. Seriously. 400 fucking photos that she "whittled down" to more than 250. At least 80 of those were of their asses. One was a full-on Tim McGraw crotch shot that I think she was actually trying to take.

I was surrounded by at least four serious cougars, three of whom were pretty damn hot. By the end of the concert, however, they were liquored up and dry humping me like a dominant dog.

Let me tell you: Grace Poter is motherfucking smoking hot. She covered, "Tush," and I thought the place was coming unglued, starting with me.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've had Grace Potter's "Storytellers" on the DVR for more than a week now. I keep going back to it. She is stunning.

On there, she said that she's almost legally blind. Off stage, she wears big ol' pop-bottle glasses.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Potter has been playing some clubs around here for a few years now. It's been amazing to watch her rise like this.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Saw pics of her...I'd give her a 6.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hell yes on Grace Potter. And she can shred her vocals, too.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think the current chart entry -- "Never Go Back" -- is one of the sexiest songs I've heard in years.

8. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals cover of Beyonce's "Why Don't You Love Me" might be my favorite rock version of a pop song since Ted Leo covered "Since U Been Gone":

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Was this your concert?

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/our-country/kenny-chesney-fan-mistaken-real-thing-kicked-concert-203504273.html

This story came up on Yahoo! when I went to look up a Grace Potter song.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The cousin of a person who used to post here is in the Nocturnals. He turned me on to them a few years ago. I am eternally thankful. :)

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Pretty cool name. Grace Potter and the Nocturnal Emssions would be better though.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I've always liked both Chesney and McGraw. I'm pondering a petition to switch my hall pass to Grace Potter. Holy cow. And the music is cool, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted