1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep me in your prayers tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jun 23, 2012.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

For Christmas I bought Mrs. t_b_f a couple of tickets to the Kenney Chesney and Tim McGraw concert that's this afternoon at LP Field.

They're really good seats, which I know she'll enjoy, but good God. I really, really hate those two. We ran into an old friend while at the beach a couple of weeks ago who went to the Atlanta show. She said it lasted seven hours. Seven freaking hours of this crap.

Did I mention this thing starts at 4:30? Did I also mention today's high in Nashville is 99 degrees?

Please, if you've ever prayed to a god, toss one up for me tonight. I'm gonna need it.

In all seriousness, she's going to love it and probably take a billion pictures, while I hold the 15-pound camera and make repeated runs to the beer stand and pisser. I'll enjoy watching her have a good time .... with earplugs.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But just think of the gratitude my man. Think of the gratitude.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

+1

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I got some "gratitude" from this chick in college a couple of times because she said I look like Kenny Chesney. I look like Kenny Chesney in as much as I am a bipedal mammal and that we actually went to the same college, but hey, whatever floated her boat. I basically blame him and that Sexy Tractor song for destroying country music, but that girl was pretty good at "gratitude" so I'll give him a pass.

TBF, give your ticket to one of her friends and just hang out at the Beer Cellar across the river from the stadium!

5. three_bags_full

She offered to have one of her friends go. Given that I'm leaving for a while in about three weeks, I wouldn't miss it.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

99 degrees? Nashville? Bring some wraparound shades and enjoy the scenery. The "view" will be much better there than at some Legends of Rock concert in Ishpeming, MI. Trust me.

7. three_bags_full

That, and lots of Yahzoo Dos Perros will get me through.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Just for you Shoeless, maybe it will rekindle some pleasant memories.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

TBF I can smell the Axe from way out here. Don't forget your puka shells.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

My wife loves McGraw. We're going to this show in 3 weeks.
    Come back here and let me know how it was ... the concert, not the gratitude.

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The day I met my wife, she asked me to go to the opera. I had to work the night of the opera (and she earned bonus points for believing me), and it turns out she is not really an opera fan, so I never have had to do that. But I WOULD HAVE. She's worth it.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

No amount of ass could make me even possibly consider going to the opera. Even if it were attached to the hottest guy on Earth.

Draft saved Draft deleted