1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

please keep chef away from dallas thursday - post-operative infection sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Re: please keep chef away from dallas thursday - boo infection

Did they have to butterfly it first?

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

No. I was not the party who was butterflied in that situation.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good.

ACL reconstruction? Yikes ...

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Yeah, they couldn't just do it through a scope, they had to go all the way in. There were some extenuating circumstances.

But here's what I hope tx keeps in mind: for as much as that surgery and recovery sucked, my "new knee" eventually felt a thousand times better. It even became stronger than my previous "good knee" on the non-affected leg.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

ok, let's try this again. back home from the hospital a second time. had a nasty little infection that landed me back in the hospital for 4 days. white blood count was pretty high and they had to put a central line in that went straight to an artery near the heart. wbc still not in normal range but they sent me home again sunday because it was coming down after multiple rounds of some powerful antibiotics via i.v. scary part was the only option had the infection not gotten turned around was removal of all the implants and a six-week hospital stay before starting over. well, that and the ramifications of the infection getting into the blood stream.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Holy cow! At least they got it under control. Any chance you picked up that infection at the hospital?

7. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Ouch. And I got you beat ... I KEPT my staples from my ACL remake! :)

Do your rehab. All the way, every day. Push yourself. It is the only way you'll eventually get better. Mine was four years ago, and now feels better than the other knee (though it stiffens up when weather is coming in ...)

RB

8. tool_shed32

tool_shed32 Member

Hey it could be worse, you could still be working with me K-Fed . . . and Bill J says hi, I know how much you miss him

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

bill j is a giant infection

10. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

I whole-heartedly concur. I had a kidney removed last October and once morphine wasn't much help, I was introduced to the wonders of dilaudid.

Draft saved Draft deleted