1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please Hillary Fall on Your Sword

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Hillary's gotten desperate with her attacks about Obama's mailings. Believe me the Clintons will do anything to win an election.

When Bill lost the governor's race in Ark. in 1980, he came back and ran again two years later with a pregnant wife who no longer used her maiden name and was focused on being a Mom instead of a career attorney. Until after the election.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It was an article that was linked to/posted on a Springsteen board, not written by someone on a Springsteen board.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. If he were given a pass from the start, if he didn't really have to earn it, that would make me worry some. But he's had to take on the Clinton machine, and he's winning, which makes me feel good about his chances should he earn nomination.

EDIT -- This blog entry sums it up nicely for me.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/02/the-clintons-la.html

4. Jesus god, the Clinton machine?
    The capacity of a relatively banal pair of middle-of-the-road centrist Democrats to make people crazy is an enduring phenomenon. Andy Sullivan has been exceedingly strange on this subject -- and a lot of others -- for 15 years now. (He's the one who, while editing TNR ran not only Liz McCaughey's nakedly dishonest piece about the 1993 health-care debate, but that piece about the Rose Law Firm about which the author later claimed that "Clinton operatives" mugged him and stole his notes when, in fact, he'd fallen after getting sockless drunk at the bar of the Excelsior Hotel.) Chelsea was conceived for political advantage? Sorry, folks, but if you were going to join the Arkansas Project, y'all missed the big payday back in '93.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well let's hope he is right about soon seeing the clintons in our rear view mirror.

6. Can't disagree with you there, Boom.
    It's time.

7. JackS

JackS Member

I thought the exact same thing. Bad enough that she was allowed to comment on the subject at all, but Russert turned to her FIRST!

As far as I'm concerned, Doris should be on public access these days. NBC bringing her back is shameful.

8. Boom_70

You can't make this stuff up. As I recall Doris actually reached out of court settlement for substantial dollars with the writer she plagiarized.

Doris is a sweet lady but has never been the same since the Dogers moved from Brooklyn.

9. Hey, they had Mike Barnicle on Hardball last week, lamenting the lack of journalistic ethics at the NYT.
    Jack Welch is the genital herpes of journalism.
    And Boom? A "sweat lady"?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Somewhere, Mike Royko laughs . . . and orders another drink.

11. Boom_70

yes - that is what LBJ said about her

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not at the pool parties.

Draft saved Draft deleted