1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please Help Jones Help W.C. Heinz...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jgmacg, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Be funny if its turns out that once spot light is turned on him that we find out that the whole thing was plagiarized.

It would be like when Jerry tried to help Babu in Seinfeld.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

On behalf of Mr. Heinz, I'll bounce this back up for the night shift.

3. Boom_70

Look don't expect much. The night crew here is a bit slow. They are going to think you are talking about a bottle of ketsup.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What's ketsup? I'm slow. I need that one explained.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Has anyone ever contributed less to any thread in the history of this board?

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

We thank Boom for reliably bouncing this thread back up the queue.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

And when at last that great man sleeps (Boom, I mean - dreaming no doubt of ketchup finger sandwiches and Baboos in bow ties), we do it ourselves.

8. Boom_70

Yes - you are now the clubhouse leader

9. Dave Kindred

Dave Kindred Member

Jones hoped that maybe Kindred would weigh in with what the Red Smith award means to him....

Red was my inspiration and model, then my hero, in the end my friend. For me, a Pulitzer would run second to the Red Smith. To see the plaque with Red's likeness engraved into it, I only have to raise my eyes a click or two above the flat-screen monitor.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Bouncing this back to page 1....just a suggestion, maybe you can start a duplicate thread on this board, and the Mods can merge the two later?  Lots of locals just don't click over to the J board. 

(Edit to the Sticky Mod....thank you!)

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Thanks to the Mods, and to 21 for the suggestion. Now I won't have to wake up every four hours to bounce it back up the queue. And thanks to Mr. Kindred for his insight and support.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

Hey everybody, thanks very much for the support and help so far. I'm hitting the road for a few days and probably won't be online much, but I trust the cause is in good hands. Gratifying to see how many people care. That alone will give us a shot at success.

Thanks again,
    Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted