1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please don't kill my 6-year-old son

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm going to grind up some of these and make my own peanut-free peanutbutter.

[​IMG]

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, I don't work with kids, so apples and oranges.

Or peanut butter and jelly. Whatever.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Most soy-based food really isn't that bad. The only soy product I've tried -- not because I'm allergic, but just because vegan-type food is prevalent in Cali, if you shop at the right places -- that I can't stand is soy milk. Just disgusting to me.

But I've had soy PB, and didn't mind it. Wouldn't go out of my way to buy it at the store, but if I had no choice (due to a kid or spouse or someone being allergic), I wouldn't complain.

4. imjustagirl

OK, this just showed up in my facebook inbox. I forgot I had joined as a fan of this thing, but do you guys remember back in elementary/middle/high school when the cafeteria would serve the peanut butter squares? They were so oily and gross but SOOOOO DAMN GOOD.

Here's the message.

Just odd it showed up today is all. :D

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hence the aversion to gingers.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

With schools now going to standardized uniforms maybe the kids could wear shirts listing off everything they're allergic to.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like this idea. Just substitute cake frosting.
    Cake frosting and jelly sandwiches: thumbs up.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't get me started on the stupidity that is the school uniform.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I was more a Mary Ann guy, myself.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Those things and the the large rectangle-cut pizza slices were the only two cafeteria items I looked forward to in high school.

11. imjustagirl

Yes! With the little cubes of pepperoni! Stuck to wax paper!

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Both of my kids have issues with milk, too, and products that have milk in them. They won't die or anything like that, but they won't be feeling very well. They even eat pizza without cheese (and they love it!). Once in a while, they can have something with milk in it, like cake, and be OK. But they can't have it on a regular basis.

They have to drink a milk-like formula, instead of regular milk, that we get at the pharmacy. It's very expensive, and getting insurance to pay for it sometimes is a pain.

The big pain in the ass has been with our school district. They have an all-or-nothing attitude, where they feel that the kids can either have milk, or they can't even have one bite of a cookie, even if we send in the food in their lunches. It's difficult to convince them to use common sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted