1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please don't kill my 6-year-old son

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Sep 28, 2009.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It hits home when the parent gives/tells you where to find the epi(sp) pen to deliver the shot. Gee this is serious. Had a couple of kids over with those serious allergies and I never want to see anyone go into anaphlatic(sp) shock and I have to get the needle.

2. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Some studies suggest allergies may even develop in the womb and can be caused by the amount of the food ingested during the pregnancy. I've stayed away from peanuts because my doctor told me about the studies at my first appointment.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

One of the more interesting typos I've seen.

Edit: Booo!

4. mb

mb Active Member

The wound? /giggles

In all seriousness, are there schools where they *do* allow peanut products? Because both the mustardkids are in schools that forbid them (one a school and one a preschool). And the school still separates the allergic kids in the lunchroom just to be safe.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

When did peanuts become a national scourge?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Since the giant Asian dong made the rounds.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

BB Bobcat, can you fly with your son? Most airlines still serve peanuts.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was just told this was illegal. My argument was have a peanut-free zone, a peanut-free line, etc. Have handiwipes. SOMETHING. But Jesus, really?

9. mb

mb Active Member

I'm pretty sure there's no peanut-free line (or at least I don't know of one), but there's definitely two table in the middle of the cafeteria for kids with allergies.

As to the legality, I'd have to wonder who would complain. If it's the parents of the allergic kids, I'd have to think they'd be a hell of a lot happier with their kids separated than mixed in with the rest of the kids and hoping the other kids' parents aren't clueless, or assholes, or both.

10. mb

mb Active Member

Huh?

I haven't flown much lately, but it's been all pretzels when I did, FWIW.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I just took 4 Delta flights a few weeks ago and every single one handed out peanuts. I passed, since I'm allergic. (Thankfully, mine is a very mild allergy. I can even eat peanut butter as long as I don't overdo it. For whatever reason the more processed the peanut is, the less it affects me.)

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I just took three Southwest flights, a Delta flight and a United flight earlier this month, and all served peanuts and/or pretzels.

Draft saved Draft deleted