1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

please cross fingers....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Yay! Great news, especially for Wayne.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

wayne spent today being poked and prodded at the doc's office. he's a bit anemic, easily treatable. everything else continues to look sunny, knock wood. he's sleeping as i type; rocjelle's exhausted, too, but sounds very pleased to this point.

it's all looking good. rochelle appreciates everyone's support, as do i. he told me yesterday he intends on coming to visit within a couple of weeks. yea!!!

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

wayne was readmitted to the hospital last night. can barely walk. blood levels all out of whack, ankles swollen, etc. fear is he's rejecting the kidney but we're praying he can be put back on track. :'( :'( :'(

dunno what the eff to do. :'( :'( :'(

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Shockey, hang in there. That's alll you can do at this point. Hoping for the best.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Hang in there, Shockey. Sending lots of good vibes his way and yours.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wayne and his family (especially you, since I consider the closest of friends to be family) are in my thoughts...

7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

hang in there shockey... we're all pullin for wayne

8. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

unappreciated nice post. Well done

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

wayne just called. they've poked, prodded and ultrasounded but there's still stuff they can't test until monday. he sounds exhausted but remarkably upbeat -- i'd wanna knock out all the docs who can't be bothered to see him over a weekend, but that's me. they might try a biopsy to see how the new kidney is functioning. or something.

anyway, he sounded most pissed that the hospital called him friday at 6 p.m. wen his younger daughter's softball game was just an inning old. rochelle got him to the hospital at 8 and his room wasn't ready for him 'til 11. cripes!

guess we won't know anything for sure 'til monday at the earliest. more sighs. i don't get how he stays so calm. my hero, he is.

Draft saved Draft deleted