1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

please cross fingers....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 30, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Good luck to your buddy, Shockey

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Prayers, good wishes and Karma (what little of it I have) being sent your friend's way, Shockey.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Best of luck to your friend... I know you will be there, not only for him, but his family too.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

spoke to wayne in the last hour. he sounds unbelieveably strong and is already bored out of his mind, a good sign. ticked off he couldn't see the mets gane last night, although he could do without that aggravation. he's peeing regularly on his own, another good sign. still a bit uncomfortable, which is to be expected, natch.

but they might boot him from the hospital tomorrow or saturday! how 'bout that?! he thanks all for the good wishes. they're obviously working!

i'm sooooo grateful. friends. you all have no idea..... ;) ;) ;) ;)

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Great news, Shockey!

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

effin' eff.

this morning, wayne thought he might be headed home by late afternoon. but he started feeling crappy -- nausea, abdominal pain -- so he's back on iv's, went for x-rays and is being kept for observation. docs don't know what's up yet.

rochelle sounds exhausted and understandably low. i feel so helpless. sigh.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Offering my best, Shock... hang in there.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

We're still thinking about him out here . . . both of you hang in there!

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear it, Shockey. Please hang in there. And for what it's worth, make sure his wife is being vigilant and taking notes on the meds he's being given, which doctors are seeing him, etc.

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Strength to all of you.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

wayne just called me...... from his car!!!! rochelle's driving him home to upper westchester as we speak. he's a bit tired but sounds strong. has a bunch of meds to get used to taking but isn't in great discomfort -- a "3 or 4 out of 10." he'll be homebound (from work) for 6-to-8 weeks but hopes to visit me as soon as he's up for it.

onward and upward, meprays. thanks for the prayers, everybody.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear everything is well, shockey. Take care as you and yours keep fighting the good fight.

Draft saved Draft deleted