1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

please cross fingers....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 30, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

for my best friend since we were 6, SportsJournalists.com buds. that's 45 years, for those counting.

wayne, father of 17- and 14-year old girls, has been a diabetic since 17 who is undergoing his second kidney transplant in 18 months. the first didn't take. he's been doing the dialysis thing three times a week since the first one flunked.

i love wayne dearly. we were best men at each other's weddings -- even though he has two brothers -- and has always been my compass. this one's gotta take. it just has to.

i'll keep you abreast, friends.

FIXED: SORRY FOR THE INITIAL DROPPED "A" IN "ABREAST." THE LAST POST I WANTED TO EFF UP. I REEK OF FAIL.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ah, never too maudlin to have boobs on the mind.

My prayers go out to you, shockey. And to boobies.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Lots and lots of prayers heading your way, shockey,for you, your friend and your families.

Mr. Rosie is a brittle diabetic and I have a friend in her mid-30s who just found out she's near the top of the list for a kidney transplant -- she lost both her legs to diabetes.

I f'n hate that disease.

Just hate it.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

this just in from rochelle:

wayne's surgery went well. he came out of the surgery a million times better than last time. his blood sugars are high so they are trying to bring that down. and he seems to be peeing a lot which hopefully means the kidney is working. he did have dialysis this afternoon because his potassium levels were also high. hopefully this could be the last dialysis. i'm keeping my fingers crossed. i am home for the evening. not sure when i will see him tomorrow. he doesn't have his cell on and i know he is not ready to chat with anyone just yet. so that's it. i will let you know further info as it becomes available. love ya, rochelle

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Be strong for your bud, shock-man.

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Sending healing thoughts.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Best wishes, Shockey.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

That sounds so good so far, shockey. Keep us posted.

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Prayers to you and your friend, Shockey. Good news so far.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Thoughts are with you, Shockey. Keep us posted.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Good luck to your friend, shock.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Prayers and best wishes, Shock.

Draft saved Draft deleted