1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Saw some video from Micro Jr. today. Pretty good dumping.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Ended up with a lovely 13 inches one mile east of the Capitol today. And it was the heavy, wet, concrete-type snow. Love it.

A rare instance where there airport got more snow than the west of the city/foothills. Just an odd setup with the winds and the system sat over the city and just dumped overnight.

Then the sun came out and the solar shovel went to work.

Hopefully we get a lot more of these as we head into the snowiest month of the year.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its been in the 70's in the SF Bay Area and no rain in sight; I should be happy but I'm terribly worried about the big D, drought here and not happy.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wish we could send some rain down the coast to you. Been a decent winter until lately, a lot of rain makes for dreary days. Especially in Covid lockdown.

qtlaw likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It hit 76 here today. I was in shorts, boat shoes, no socks and loving life.
    It's supposed to be below freezing tomorrow night and back into the 20s by mid week.
    W.T.F.?

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Upper 60’s here yesterday. Started a little breezy, but very nice. Me, son, father in law, brother in law and nephew go golfing.
    We get 14 holes in before a front comes through, wind kicks up to about 30-35 and temps drop a ton,

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

False Spring is in full effect. I hope we don't revert back to winter anytime soon.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I went through the whole winter storm without losing a lick of electricity. Now some squirrel in the neighborhood decided to ride Old Sparky and I’m in the dark for at least another hour with temperatures in the 60s. Go figure.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

False Summer here. Walked out my front door this afternoon and pissed off a wasp trying to build a nest on my door jamb.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

72 here at 8:45 pm.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We are in the late winter/early spring period. We'll get the "Oh my God, it's 70 here in early March" and the "Oh my God it's 20 here in early March."

March is our snowiest month in the Rockies. And I've also been in shorts a lot in March.

Transition month.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

March is the longest month in Massachusetts. Today's high: 48. Tonight's low: 11, with a wind advisory for gusts up to 50 mph. We are bound to get at least one more nor'easter with wet cement snow before "spring" starts on March 21. Might get one after, too. Spring doesn't really begin until the second half of April. February sucks but you expect February to suck. March sucks when you foolishly expect longer days mean better days.

micropolitan guy and Batman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted