1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That's pretty rich, considering ERCOT is designed to avoid federal regulation by being completely in-state. Texas gets 100% of the blame for its lax oversight of the grid.

OscarMadison, garrow and Wenders like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Especially when they find out that water damage can be a damn tricky claim to get paid off.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

They're both stupid. Extraordinarily stupid.

Funny how they wanted no government involvement, yet wanted government help the moment something went sideways.

Never mind the idiot who thought he and his family could hide out in Cancun, then tossed his kids in front of the train to salvage credibility ...

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I was highly amused by the fact that the entire Houston airport AND United Airlines threw him completely under the bus. There were pictures of him at the airport, on the plane, then United confirmed that his original itinerary was to return on Saturday, not Thursday like he was claiming.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I came across the Energy release last night on Twitter, where MAGAts are insisting that energy denied the request. You can read it. It was approved. Weird stuff. These people are delusional.

OscarMadison and Wenders like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This is a joke, right?

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

-18 8 days ago.
    High of 73 here today.
    The old Kansas saying holding true. "You don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes."

Batman likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Going to push 60 here today. Good-sized snowstorm coming Wednesday.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll be able to kayak down my street soon with the snowmelt. In a t-shirt and shorts.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Today and tomorrow are the first in about a week with no rain. Starting Thursday, it's six straight days of rain.
    If someone says to me later this summer, "I wish it would rain," then I'm hitting them in the mouth.

maumann likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

-8 one week ago. 71 right now. I’ve gone from one end of my closet to the other.

Batman and Driftwood like this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've had the bike out all of one day this year, in January. Supposed to be 65 this afternoon, so make it two. Then back to cold and rainy for five days. Ugh.

micropolitan guy and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted