1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A perfect Cape Cod summer day here. High 75 and no humidity to speak of. Sorry to spoil the misery session. One thing I've learned. In a big country like the United States, the weather always sucks real bad SOMEWHERE. And somewhere else it's nice out.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

102 sunny windy here today
    Upper 50's......wind gusts up to 75 and a good chance of pissing rain all day.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My go to app for weather is Weather Underground. It hit people’s personal weather stations to you. It doesn’t give you the weather at the airport or the bank downtown or wherever; it gives you real time data as close as possible.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I used WU when I did 7:30 kickoff wx for our HS football preview page 48 hours in advance. Pretty accurate as long as no storms in the area. If there were, all bets were off.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

WU is great and my go-to app as well. I use Weather Bug for the very good lightning detector and when we need to get off the field.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

We put that shit in the hands of the athletic directors.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

90% chance of rain between noon and 3 this afternoon. Then starting Sunday, a chance of rain for 4 of the next 5 days.

Mother Nature is giving us a kiss before she rams that triple digit hot poker.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yesterday and today, we've had highs in the 60s ... 20 degrees below norm. It's been quite cool in the 50s the last couple of nights.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Upper 90's with south winds into the mid-upper 40's today and tomorrow.
    It's like standing in front of a hair dryer.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's mid-June in Alabama. Low to mid-80's highs and lows in the mid to high 60's at night? Yes, please!

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We've had Juneuary in the PNW this spring. Rainy, temps 15-20 degrees below normal. Supposed to end Wednesday, finally.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's been hot, dry and very windy the past six weeks in the Rockies. Snowpack is gone and fires are starting to rage. Big one in the southwest part of the state where I have lots of family.

Draft saved Draft deleted