1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Playoff baseball vs. regular-season NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 26, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Never, 2MCM, NEVER!
    The NFL roolz. It's got a salary cap. It's got parity. It's got Favre. It's got a level playing field except for those teams that suck.
    It is the greatest sports pro league ever.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dude, if you can't work the quote function we're kicking you out of the cabal. :D

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They all have exactly the same opportunity to succeed. That they fail is their own fault. The fact that the same is not true for baseball is one reason that the NFL is significantly more popular than MLB. All of the willfull ignorance in the world won't change that.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fixed it, 2 MCM.

And I love how OOP is like the Pavlov's dog of SJ... mention the NFL and MLB in the same post and he comes running with his level playing field drool.

5. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Postseason baseball has been miserable this year. Way too long and just too damn boring.

6. outofplace

Says the guy who shows up any time any other poster questions the level of play in the NFL. Hello Mr. Pot. Please meet Mr. Kettle.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I wish you were wrong, because I love baseball. But the fact is, every baseball season starts with about two-thirds of the teams knowing they won't be playing very long in October, if at all. With stellar management, a team like the Twins can compete on a regular basis, but they are the exception that proves the rule.

And MLB playoff games haven't just been flirting with the 4-hour mark this season, they've been taking it in the backseat and having wild monkey sex with it.

8. outofplace

I love baseball, too. If I didn't, I wouldn't even be in these discussions.

There are going to be bad franchises in any sport, especially when the rules of the sport don't allow you to buy your way out of the holes you dig with your own stupidity.

9. outofplace

Funny how often posters resort to putting words in the mouths of those they disagree with when they can't win the argument on actual substance.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yes, they are.

The ONLY reason they are inferior teams to the Pats is management acuity.

Not a fatter check book.

Morons.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

spnited sounds like a crazed holy roller, believing in the magic man in the sky.

OOP, myself and millions others actually bring.... um... logic to the proceedings.

fool

12. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

The Twins haven't won a World Series since Kirby Puckett's heyday. They win the shittiest division in baseball every other year and get rocked in the first round by ... a big market team. They're the exception to no rule.

Draft saved Draft deleted