1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Playing golf today vs. Toe Amputation............hmmmmm......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 3, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just a simply delightful day here in the Plains.

I get asked to play in a golf scramble. $75 per person.

I go ahead and take today off, go to the course, and

SON OF A BITCH.

Tee off at 2:00 under bright sunny skies, turned a shade of diarrhea brown because of all the fucking dirt in the air.

57 degrees (with a wind chill of 36), sustained winds of 55 MPH, with a peak gust of 71 MPH straight out of the fucking north.

Wisely, we scale the scramble back to 9 holes.

I hit everything from a 200-yard 9 iron, to a full 75-yard 8 iron.

This sucked worst than anything has sucked before.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I doubt this very much, given that your body has absorbed more punishment than anyone at Guantanamo Bay and that I had you singing Trixter earlier this week. :D

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It could be worse. I covered a postseason softball game yesterday. Final score - 25-4. on the adjacent field? 29-1. College softball mind you. The wind was blowing straight out to left field at the game I was covering (right field on other field). One girl hit a home run into the parking lot, which was at least 300 feet away. Farthest fastpitch home run I've ever seen.

You could have been one of those pitchers.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

See I got lucky. While I had to watch four games in an area softball tourney, I got to watch a foul ball take out a windshield -- that wasn;t mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted