1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

players and teams you were dead wrong about

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

In Couch's best season, he was 8-6. You're thinking of the playoff game where Kelly Holcomb lit up the Steelers and the Browns almost won.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Couch was NEVER a pro quarterback star. He was a system quarterback in a smoke-and-mirrors offense in college. It worked against fair-to-middling SEC teams, and occasionally against teams like Georgia and LSU. Not against Florida, not against Tennessee (which was good back then) and he sure as hell did not have the skill set nor the brain cells to be an NFL quarterback.

I was so pissed leading up to that draft. I KNEW the Browns would take him. And I KNEW he would suck.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I was playing in one of those NBA draft-style leagues and was really disappointed to get stuck with rookie LeBron James.

But I was smart enough to hang on to him for a while when EVERYBODY else in the league wanted to deal for him.

Yeah, he can play.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You had doubts about LeBron?!

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I thought Pete Carroll wouldn't mesh with all the nonsense that goes along with being a college coach and that USC's run of mediocrity would continue with him.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Highlight of the last 20 years.

7. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Well, you have to admit, if you thought LeBron would be great, you were only 3/4 right ;D

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I seriously thought Charlie Weis would do a much better job at Notre Dame.
    I seriously thought Rick Neuheisal would do a much better job at UCLA.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I thought turkeys could fly.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

disagree
    agree

Draft saved Draft deleted