1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

players and teams you were dead wrong about

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

So let's hear them.

-- Kurt Warner
    -- Aaron Brooks (being worth a shit, that is)
    -- Rick Mirer

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Greg Oden.

3. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

JaMarcus Russell

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OJ Simpson. I was certain he was the culprit.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Damn, thought OP was finally repenting of his Tebow hate.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Hate's strong language, Meat. Too strong and poisonous for anything. I don't even dislike him.

But I don't think nine starts is enough to say you were right or wrong about a player. Jon Kitna started his NFL career 12-4.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I was being facetious. I should have spelled it h8, then it would have been more obvious.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Cam Newton showed more with his passing in three weeks than I thought we'd see his entire career. I don't think I'm alone on that.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think every team and most QBs suffer from inflated expectation syndrome. Hell, how many first round qbs drafted in the last 10-15 years as "franchise backs" are out of the league?
    Cam Newton? I already apologized for doubting.
    Tebow's play doesn't surprise me, Denver's D does. I think both are strong arguments for teams making their systems fit their player and not the other way around.
    I really thought Dennis Erickson would work at Arizona State, Dan Hawkins at Colorado, still don't think much of Lane Kiffin. Hell, I thought Matt Millen would be a home run for Detroit. Didn't think Vermeil would do anything with the Rams, did anyone think Belichick would kick ass in New England? Carroll at USC?

10. I'm not admitting I was wrong on him yet.

11. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

-- Chris Sims
    -- Anthony Kim (Still early, I guess, to call this one)
    -- Acie Law IV

Mr. C, I'd like to know the context of why you were "dead wrong" about Ricky Williams. Is it a character thing or an athletic thing? Because I don't remember him being a bad running back before or a few years after his world tour with Lenny Kravitz.

12. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I wouldn't feel bad on this one. Bucks were extremely wrong with him too. Pulling off one of the worse trades in the history of the NBA.

Draft saved Draft deleted