1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Playboy's 2007-2008 Preseason All American Football Team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, May 18, 2007.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Boise State's official athletic site got so darn excited that a Bronco ended up on the Playboy All-America Team that they inadvertently leaked the whole damn thing. The team in toto:
    [​IMG]
    What a strange year for college football when Rutgers has more guys on the team than Ohio State. The team, as far as I can tell:

QB Brian Brohm (Louisville)
    WRs DeSean Jackson (Cal), Limas Sweed (Texas), and Mario Manningham (Michigan).
    RBs Ray Rice (Rutgers), Steve Slaton (West Virginia), and Darren McFadden (Arkansas)
    OLs Jake Long (Michigan), Sam Baker (USC), Cody Wallace (A&M), Barry Richardson (Clemson), and Ryan Clady (Boise State)

DLs Glenn Dorsey (LSU), Calais Campbell (Miami), Chris Long (UVA), Frank Okam (Texas), and Some Guy Tommy Blake (TCU).
    LBs Keith Rivers (USC), James Laurinaitis (OSU), and Erin Henderson (Maryland).
    DBs Antoine Cason (Arizona), Chris Horton (UCLA), Kevin Jurovich (San Jose State(!!!)), and Some Guy Aqib Talib (Kansas).

K Jeremy 'The Judge' Ito (Rutgers)
    P Chris Miller (Ball State)

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/16/playboy-pictures-of-college-football-players/

2. NDub

NDub Guest

It's good to see a fellow Cardinal on the squad.

I tell ya... Ball State is Punter U.

Brad Maynard, Reggie Hodges and now Chris Miller.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Love seeing KU represented on that list. Talib is a great cornerback.

4. KP

KP Active Member

Is Ito in his seventh season? Seems like he's been at NJ State forever.

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

It's probably because they get so much practice punting during games. I feel for Ball State folks, I really do.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just too bad they couldn't complete the comeback at Michigan last season.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They get a lot more practice punting than passing in Muncie..

8. Deeper_Background

Is Mangino still gonna have him play both ways? Could be a darkhorse for the Heisman if the Hawks can find a QB to get him the ball.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Where's Dan Conner, the LB from Penn State? So what that he made prank calls to an old football assistant two years ago.

10. Deeper_Background

He'll probably be finishing his MBA this year

11. KP

KP Active Member

I thought he would be destined for law school.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would like to see that, but he's got no chance because of the program alone. He would have to be at a Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, LSU, etc. to have any chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted