1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Play Taps For Dr. Greg

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ben_Hecht, Feb 9, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

One of the many terrible shows I've watched too much of. Lately, I've been watching reruns of How I Met Your Mother. That show sucks, but it's on at some point at least 20 hours a day, so it passes the time in a pinch. It's like Scrubs, but really, really bad.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm much more willing to watch a mediocre/bad sitcom than I am a drama.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

If you all aren't watching Alcatraz, which comes on right after House, you're missing out.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not alone. Been introducing the Mrs. to it and we just finished Season 1 on DVD. She's hooked. Next up, Lost. Well, everything but the finale. Still not over how bad it was.

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Which reminds me why I quit watching AMC. I mean, CSI: Miami reruns on a channel called "American Movie Classics."

At my gym, every treadmill/bike/elliptical has a TV. I turn to the TV guide channel to see what might be on, and it's 65 channels. Guess what? They're all showing the same reruns. CSI, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Law & Order: SVU or CI, and so on. There really is nothing on TV.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Never quite got the love for "House." Laurie is undoubtedly great in the role, but the premise that the doctor is a flawed asshole, but we can overlook all that because he's brilliant? Don't get it.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, you don't overlook that, really. It's the conflict in the story, that he's brilliant as a doctor but flawed socially.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I get that. I just never got into it. I wouldn't want a doctor like that, but I guess if I had some crazy rare disease I would change my tune.

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

After thinking it through more, I agree it's time to end it. What more can they do to escalate these finales? Going to a psych ward for an extended time is a huge deal. Driving a vehicle into someone's home and going to prison? What next? He firebombs a bus of school children? But he still keeps his job?

It was fascinating showing him coming out of the ward for season 6, but really most people would lose their jobs over something like that. Maybe the showrunners should have taken a huge chance on having House go to a new hospital in season 6. Anyone other than Cuddy would have sent his ass packing, brilliant or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted