1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Play Taps For Dr. Greg

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ben_Hecht, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Never saw one fucking episode and proud of it.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

So noted. Missed that one.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

The news is depressing. By far, my favorite show of all-time. It was easy to relate to. When the last episode airs, I'll keep it on my DVR for two weeks, knowing after I watch it, it's all over. That's that. Much like I did when Season 4 of The OC came to a close (yes, I'm a nerd).

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why would you be proud of that? You may not be a fan of the show, but it's not exactly trash.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah, it's not like The Situation is performing bunion surgeries for an hour. If you've never seen Dr. House at his finest (or worst), you missed out on some quality television,
    especially in the first few seasons. Hugh Laurie is magnificent in the role.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's actually one of the better shows around. And Hugh Laurie has provided a career performance.

Per the ending, if it doesn't end badly for House, they're not being honest to themselves. It must end badly for House.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Also known as Nip/Tuck.

House was great for a few seasons, but it's an episodic procedural, which is fancy criticspeak for a repetitive show. They didn't have many good multiepisode plots even when the show was at its best, in the first three seasons. But the characters were fresh then. Now, it's limping worse than House.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I still get joy out of watching it, for 1) Great Greg House one-liners and insults, and 2) trying to guess which seemingly unrelated item and nonsequitor will trigger his "a-ha" moment. Yes, it's flagged of late, but it's still better than most of what airs (and almost ALL of NBC's lineup), IMHO.

9. Mizzougrad96

I stopped watching regularly when some of the regulars started leaving, and I didn't really want to see him get coupled up with Cuddy.

It may have lost a bit from the early seasons, but it was always a very intelligent, very well-acted, very well-written show.

Some people here are acting like it's 2 1/2 Men or According to Jim.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I'm still pissed The OC was cancelled, and I'm in denial about Smallville being done (which isn't helped by the fact that there's a comic book called "Season 11" coming out in April).

Anyway, when House is over, I'm down to watching Raw, SmackDown and Supernatural. I'd get rid of Dish if my wife didn't watch 30 shows. There's hardly anything good on TV anymore.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A very underrated show.

12. Mizzougrad96

I watched it every year it was on. The last two years or so it was pretty awful. Kimberly Williams left and then Courtney Thorne-Smith was "visiting her parents" or something for what seemed like 3 of every 4 shows. Once it was in syndication, it was milked for at least two more seasons. Lord knows that's not the first show they've done that to.

Draft saved Draft deleted