1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Play me some Brass Bonanza

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Jun 20, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

(Too lazy to wade through 80 pages of the finals thread.)

Right now I want to hear some Rick Peckham and Gerry Cheevers, with Emile Francis being interviewed between periods.

My cousin, inexplicably, grew up a Whale fan even though he lived 30 minutes from the Garden. He took me to the Mall a couple times to watch Dineen, Ronnie Francis, et al.

Nine years later, I still miss 'em.

And Peter Karmanos, you're a schmuck for moving your team south and drawing half the crowds you used to get in the Civic Center.

/rantandcelebrationallatonce

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On the other hand, it is nice to see the right Detroit owner win a Stanley Cup without demanding that 70 of his backstabbing airhead relatives get their named engraved on it...

3. KP

KP Active Member

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wicked, why must you just twist the knife in my soul?

DO NOT correlate the greatest theme song in the history of sports, "Brass Bonanza," with those carpetbagging fucking douchebags in Carolina. Scumbag Karmanos took just about everything from us when he tooik the Whalers south, but Brass Bonanza is defiantly Nutmeg (says the guy who hasn't lived there in more than 10 years).

Fuck Karmanos. Long live the Whale.

5. KP

KP Active Member

So do it for Glen Wesley, the only one that still had Hartford roots.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Peter Karmanos is a douche, BYH, we agree.

Still, the Whale Hurricanes deserve some props.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

NO!!!!

If I didn't root for the Hurricanes when Ron Francis was there, I'm sure not gonna start now.

PS: Wicked, I give no props to the 'Canes. Fuckers. I should be bannering something in my sig about the Whalers being Stanley Cup champs about now.

(amazing I pay no attention to hockey yet get so riled up by Karmanos)

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Karmanos could die, this morning, and there'd be a monthlong celebration in The Insurance City.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I say, I say, I say, dear sir, did 'ju say 'carpetbagger?' 'Ell, how do you 'splain those Whaler fans who traveled to Tobacco Road as the ultimate carpetbaggers?

Draft saved Draft deleted