1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plastic Bag Tax

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Aug 22, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I am recycling them, technically. I don't have a recycling set-up in my apartment complex. So I do what I can with what I've got.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I do get some plastic bags. I use them for the bathroom garbage, sending stuff (leftovers in containers) home with people after cookouts, a garbage bag for my truck and other little odds and ends.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

[​IMG]

Re-cy-cling?

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Those plastic bags are perfect for picking up doodie during the dog walk.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the canvas bags widely used in my corner of the world. And we would certainly use them.

Make no mistake, the people I live with make use of the plastic bags. But we could cull those by 75 percent and help both ourselves and the environment.

The one positive in this area is the recycling bins and that they're not terribly picky about separation and such. It cuts down on actual trash in the household by more than half.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It's not a tax. No one is obligating you to pay money. Unlike a mandatory sales tax or income tax, this is one fee you can easily avoid by just not using plastic.

Canvas grocery bags are more enrivonmentaly friendly, and stronger. You can even use your old paper sacks at many stores and get a 5 cent discount for each one you use.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Wait until the hippies see all the dog shit piling up everywhere. They'll be sorry.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

They might just burn it for fuel. Hey, it worked for the Dust Bowl pioneers ...

9. brita, to me, tastes like crap. of course, if the water is cold, no matter how horrid it is, it'll taste fine -- but unless you keep your water in the brita for 12 hours beforehand, it won't get cold enough.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You know you can put ice in the Brita, right?

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When do you run for president, Zeke?

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of drinking purified water?

Draft saved Draft deleted