1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plasma vs. LCD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Not that they're the law, but I respect Consumer Reports, and I believe it was there I read that these types of TVs are about the ONLY product for which you SHOULD buy the extended warranty and service plans.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

You mean like my favorite game?

[​IMG]

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

Prices are supposed to take a wicked drop after the holidays so you may want to wait a little while longer.
    Black Friday is going to be tough to resist.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My problem with the new TV market is that replacing my current TV (which needs replacing) also means having to replace my entertainment center (which certainly doesn't need replacing.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

patchs, like after the new year? super bowl rush? 'cause, i may just have some money burning a hole in my pocket 'round that time

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummm, you might want to hang on to that. You never know...

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yeah, slappy, it's if all things work out perfectly. daddy wants a big tv

8. Hustle

Hustle Guest

My wife and I took the plunge last winter and bought a 42-inch Bravia LCD.

The only thing I don't like is Comcast's relative lack of HD channels - but that's not really Sony's fault.

Love the TV. I couldn't have imagined watching Planet Earth without it. That alone was worth the price.

9. That's part of my problem. If I go too big with the TV, the entertainment center is no good to me. That's why I'm looking at the 42-inch

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I finally bought my first truly self-indulgent television yesterday: a 37-inch Vizio LCD High-Definition TV. I'm dazzled.

Last night I was about to ask Matt Ryan to mop the vomit off my living room floor.

11. How about 720 to 1080? For someone like myself who has not had HD but is about to shell out for the new big screen, do I NEED the 1080? And what is the difference between 1080i and 1080p?

Draft saved Draft deleted