1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plasma vs. LCD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I watched golf and football in HD on my new LCD set over the weekend and didn't notice any trouble with motion. Everything seem crystal clear to me. Then again, I haven't watched a plasma to compare it to.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Just to note, Sony's Wega is not a technology, it is a model. The Ford Focus is a type of car. The Sony Wega is a series of television models. You can buy them in HD or HD ready or no HD at all.

In any case, the Plasma televisions do handle motion better than the LCDs. Rear projectors still seem like the way to go for the biggest picture size and lowest price.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

I had to do HDTV on the cheap when my 6-year-old RCA went, so I bought a 27-inch Samsung CRT with HDTV (the slim fit model). Got it at Circuit City for $550.
    It's heavy but it since the rear is slim, it fits nicely in the bedroom on a TV stand.
    I have it hooked up a DirecTV HDTV box and the picture is great.
    Here's a forum that can help, lot of friendly people.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=6

4. Mrs. Friend and I are shopping for a flat screen TV.

Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Did not go unnoticed well done

Just bought 52 inch Sharp Aquos LCD doesn't get much better.

6. How much did that run, JC, if you don't mind me asking?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I thought this thread was gonna be about a young journalist who was thinking of selling his blood to buy a TV. Carry on.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

3000 Canadian so about 2900 American ;)
    Never thought I'd be able to say that

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I've seen some Olevia 37" for about $7-800 at Target and Best Buy.

They looked pretty good for the money to me, seeing as how I'm not rolling in dough.

10. Has anyone bought a Vizio? I'm looking at a 42-inch that runs about $1,100.

Apparently, Vizio came out of nowhere to become the top seller of the second quarter. 76 percent increase from the first quarter, IIRC.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

buying in Canada means I got hosed.
    I would say just make sure it is 1080
    That is my limited knowledge

Draft saved Draft deleted