1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plantar fasciitis

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Aug 11, 2008.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

The frozen water bottle thing really is good. Tennis ball works, too.
    If you run, you definitely need new shoes with more support.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That's what I used. 3/4 arch supports, more comfortable (to me) than heel cups.

Also, right after getting up in the AM I'd soak the affected foot in hot water for a minute or two.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have some mild pain in my right heel. I got heel supports and that didn't help. So I got arch supports and that helped immensely.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Try arch supports with Avia shoes... the heel acts like heel cups by focing the pressure to the outside...

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Lotsa beer.

Freshly sharpened saw.

Towel to bite into.

Oh.......and take pics.......those crazy kids on here love that.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

Echo the arch supports, and get a better pair(s) of walking shoes -- forget running for now. But realize that this doesn't go away just like that. Stretch and walk more on the toes of your feet. Elevate. And be patient.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Consider a job in Yuma. Fasciitis is worse in cold conditions.

Seriously, heating the hell out of your feet first thing in the morning should help.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Interesting. Mine originally flared up in the summer and was better in the winter. Not that I'm much of an outdoor person.

9. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Heel pain sounds more like Achilles' tendinitis than Plantar Fasciitis. But whatever worked, good for you.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I used to have it in both feet, and what helped me was getting a pair of Rockports. I worked a job where I would be on my feet for up to 14 hours a day, and it was to the point where if I wore any other shoes but the Rockports, the agony was something else. I think I had orthotics, but the Rockports or any other really good walking shoe should help.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Worked for me a couple years ago. It only took a couple days. The first few times were agonizing, but it was definitely worth it.

Draft saved Draft deleted