1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planning trip to Yankee Stadium/NYC ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Mar 28, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"vonnegutnaked2": Did I swing and miss with the abbreviation?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No, it's my fault. I didn't pay attention.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I've been to one game at Yankee Stadium. Sat in the upper deck. I was very afraid about slipping and falling all the way down.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's OK. I'd do the same if every time I blinked I saw a little piece of Chalke.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I do love the Chalke.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Upper deck at the Stadium is very steep, as IJAG mentioned. But it's still a great view (that said, I like upper decks at most parks). ... And of course, I usually sneak down to the box seats (at most parks) around the sixth inning, which, ahem, is a much better view. :D

If it hasn't been mentioned today, make sure to get there extra early to spend time touring Monument Park. It's a can't-miss, and worth the price of admission all by itself.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Overrated? Is there anyone out there raving about how great it is to sit on bench seats in the one part of the park that never sees the shade and doesn't serve alcohol?

Not overrated. They just suck to sit in.

And definitely do the tour of Monument Park. Make sure to look down when you first enter it.

8. I did a Yankee Stadium tour back in August 2001 when I was in New York with my mother and sister, who was participating in some kind of dance convention. However, my mom wouldn't let a recently turned 18-year-old go out alone at night in the Bronx to watch a game at Yankee Stadium, so I'm trying to correct that great mistake of having not seen an actual game there before it's too late.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Having never been to Yankee Stadium, I just called my dad and checked to see if he'd be interested in a trip to see a game there. He sounds good to go. Now we just have to find a couple days to make the trip happen.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Who doesn't?

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I agree. Sat there once and it was enough for me. I just know some people who rave about sitting with the brain dead troglodytes.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

OK, guys. I know about Monument Park. I've seen it, just never taken the tour. I'm taking my dad and grandma to Yankee Stadium in the morning for a 1:30 p.m. game in mid-September. How early will I have to get there to get to the Park then? I'm thinking, at the minimum, I'll need to be there at 11:30 a.m. Am I off by much?

Draft saved Draft deleted