1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planning Editor, Sports -- Louisville Courier-Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MonsterLobster, Oct 31, 2014.

1. We're looking for a planning editor. The nuts and bolts are in the link below, but just a quick overview free of jargon:

This person will be tasked with helping plan the daily section as well as other projects and will work mostly nights (we typically wrap up about 12:30 a.m.). The key here will be the ability to organize, edit stories and streamline the way we get content online many nights. I'll be honest and say it's a weak point right now, particularly when it comes to high school sports.

Core strengths should include: copy editing, familiarity with web analytics, understanding of SEO and the ability to think outside the box and use data when it comes to reshaping our coverage.

We have some other talented people you'll be working with, including a very knowledgeable and tenured assistant sports editor and a desk crew eager to have a bigger hand in our content presentation online.

If you've got other questions, drop me a line or email me at ccwhite@courier-journal.com. You can send me your resume directly, but you still most definitely need to apply through the robot below, too. And if you do send it directly, please make the subject PLANNING EDITOR POSITION so that I can quickly filter them out from the 4,500 emails I get a day.

https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=41103&company=Gannett&username=

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Apparently posted again: http://bit.ly/1CG2dXh

Draft saved Draft deleted