1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planning a wedding

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sounds like you've done your homework ... good luck, really.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I still think I offered the best advice on the thread. 8)

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

MWR handle's all the Army's ... wait for it ... moral, welfare and recreation functions. They run the gym, all the outdoors stuff, the lodging facilities, on-post activities like lecture series', etc. They actually do a ton more than that, including managing the daycare and after-school programs. It's a huge Army (and all the other services, too) program ... probably the best we've got.

Here's an example: http://www.ftruckermwr.com/

We're a very small post, and some of you're larger installations have amazing MWR facilities, but Rucker's does very well.

http://www.mwr.navy.mil/ should give you a pretty good idea about what they do. Also, look up the installation you're interested in using, find the contact information and give them a call. I'm sure they'll be glad to help.

From the outside looking in, it sounds like your "sponsor" is going to be someone on base who can actually rent, i.e., sign for, the facility. It's most likely going to have to be someone in the armed services. For example, I am the sponsor for my wife and daughter. For everything they do (i.e., go to the doctor, dentist, lodging), they have to have my SSN.

Hope that helps.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

TBF
    Thanks ... it helps clear some stuff up. My fiancee's grandfather is retired Navy; the woman at the base said that would do, but he didn't know what it was. I have a ton of family in the service, so I'm hoping it will work out with one of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted