1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planned Parenthood video indictment issued

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

They should barricade themselves. With guns!

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Being a ham sandwich in the wrong jurisdiction is a dangerous game ...

old_tony and SpeedTchr like this.
  3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Glad to see "Shoot the Messenger" is alive and well.

old_tony likes this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

These detestable zealots pretty obviously broke laws and they weren't the original targets of the investigation, which took place in Harris County in southern Texas and found pretty compelling evidence. The idea they were somehow railroaded is laughable.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Rick Perry appointee was OK with the grand jury's decision.

Daleiden.

"We were called upon to investigate allegations of criminal conduct by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast," said Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson. "As I stated at the outset of this investigation, we must go where the evidence leads us. All the evidence uncovered in the course of this investigation was presented to the grand jury. I respect their decision on this difficult case."

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so sure. Fox News has a lot of influence. What they say has a way of being accepted as the truth regardless of whether or not it's actually true.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Despite the fact it's been proven that the large majority of statements on Faux Fascist Noise are complete bullshit.

Fact Checker Finds 60% Of Fox News Statements To Either Be Mostly False Or A Lie

Any statement of "fact" on the fascist foghorn should preemptively be presumed as bullshit unless independently proven true by multiple sources.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Kind of wish I had time to listen to right wing radio today.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Well, it's "she," and the Federalist fails to note that she is one of 300 prosecutors in that office. They do enough research to send all the "human beings" reading that tripe on the Federalist to her Linkein page.

If you want to defend that type of "journalism" on a broad where many of us actually took classes on the proper way to be a journalist, then be my guest.

I'm guessing if I were to ask my professors if I could pick and choose facts relevant to the story when writing a hard news story, they might have asked me to change my major. I'm also guessing if I asked them if I could include street addresses of people in my story, or the block they lived on, they would have frowned upon that as well. You seem to be cool with that, though. I'm not.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Did the journalism teachers on our board get into the whole grammar and syntax thing?

SnarkShark and YankeeFan like this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
    DISTRICT OF SOUTHERN TEXAS

Count I
    Poor Practice of Journalism.

YankeeFan and LongTimeListener like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted